.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Daryl's 21st Birthday Cake


Made this birthday cake for my nephew, Daryl's 21st birthday. SIL-Carol requested a big one for her 70-guest birthday celebration .. the biggest bake pan I have is only 8" pan, so I need to bake 3 x 8" cakes.

I woke up as early as 5.20am, to complete as much household chores as I could .. and start to bake at 6.30am after Mike went for his early morning prayer in the Church on Saturday.

From 6.30am - 9.30am = 3 cakes done .. heee with 3 different flavours !!

1 Vanilla Sponge layered with buttercream and cherries
( Mike bought from NTUC-Parkway on friday nite , very expensive leh , 1 box = $8 ++ )

1 Chocolate Sponge layered with oreo buttercream

1 Mocha Sponge layered with Walnut Mochoa buttercream

Then, after breakfast .. I started to decorate the cake from 10am - 3pm .. HAHAHA!! standing all day through .., but all hardwork paid off as my nephew was very pleased with the cake and told me personally that he liked the cake very much .. here it goes .. I've made another person's life a little bit happy again .. Praise the Lord!!

No comments: