.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A simple cake with bun people for my mil

I didn't make any elaborate design for mil this year, because I had 2 orders were either postponed or brought forwarded .. and mil's birthday celebration should be the week before, but it clashed with sil's mother's birthday .. so she wanted it to be held 1 day after her actual birthday.

I didn't have much time to do a nicer design, but thank God that I saw HHB's recent bakes - fruit pastry cake!! and i like the simple fruit arrangement and thought that this cake should be good for mil as the fruits that I put on top were blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and peaches ...

So, instead of just having a plain design .. I made 'longevity bun people' .. the bigger one represented mil and 10 little people were all her grandchildren ( and of course .. my darling Andre must be included ), some of our nephews and nieces were attached so the family is really growing .. however, the little girl in the photo was not mil's grandchild, she is a granddaughter of my mil's closest friend - Auntie Mui's.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: