.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blessed Birthday to my dearest Hubby & our darling Andre

21 Jan is always another very special day for our family, not only because it's Míke's birthday but it's also our darling Andre's. Although I didn't indicate his name on the 2nd cake that I've baked for Mike, but I've quietly prayed to our Lord to let him know that mummy loves him always .......... deeply in our hearts.

Mike asked me to bake a cake - as usual .. for sis Mary, Jasmine and himself as his prayer group in office preferred to celebrate their birthdays on Mike's actual day.

I chose the Lighthouse theme, in fact I've already had in mind to make it as hoping that Mike and his colleagues will be the light that shine for Jesus that may bring more to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. It's a divine arrangement that, during our Christmas gathering with our cell group, Yong De whom is our cell leader gave each of us a card with the same message on Matthew 5:14-16 to encourage each of us to place the kingdom of God above ourselves. Let us be the Lighthouse that points all men to HIM, the hope of glory and not to be the table lamp that lights up only the four walls of our house.

When Aleo knew that the Lighthouse cake was meant for Mike to bring to office to bless his colleagues, he was quite disappointed and requested me to bake another one for our own family to bless him at home.

So, I made a very simple cake with three little lambs playing around on the cake that represented our 3 darling boys.

We will be having our cell's core members' meeting, so it's also timely for some of our cell members to bless him that night after our meeting .. and that also pleased our little Aleo whom always wanted to sing birthday songs and to bless others.


No comments: